Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Lumskebugten

Curry-egg herring with (apparently) spicy greens.

Artichoke purée soup with baked cod, sautéed artichokes, fried capers, and chives.
Lumskebugten
Esplanaden 21
1263 Copenhagen K
Mon-Sat 11:30am-3:00pm, Wed-Sat 5:30-10:00pm

Notes:
For our annual Christmas lunch, my mom and I went to Lumskebugten. She chose this place as she is very fond of Erwin Lauterbach, who has been a central person in teaching the Danes to eat vegetables through the past decades. Now he is fulfilling one of his dreams, running a lunch restaurant. The place has existed for well... more than a century and is located right next to Mærsk and in an otherwise very mondane part of CPH. This was naturally reflected in the clientele, when I arrived at 1pm the place was already full, mainly elderly and business people. For the food, we started out with pickled herring with chopped eggs, what was supposed to be spicy greens and a lot of cress. With a side of fresh rye bread it made me feel much more Christmas-y. The main course was a very rich artichoke soup, fed plenty of cream. Very delicious. After a cup of coffee we went out into the cold, feeling comfortably ful and fulfilled. All in all, I would we had a pleasant experience at Lumskebugten but I do not think I will return any time soon, mainly due to its location, which is slightly off compared to where I usually come in the city, and the steep prices. These two dishes, two bottles of mineral water plus two cappuccini set us back around 650dkk, and though I certainly enjoyed the meal I think you can find much better value other places around the city (for instance here or here). Reservations necessary - especially in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment