Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Aamanns Etablissement

3 x smørrebrød
Øster Farimagsgade 10
2100 Copenhagen Ø
Open every day 12-16 for lunch

Notes:
I am leaving Denmark in a few weeks to spend half a year in China for an internship (and before that a month of vacation in India), so I try to inhale as much Danish food as possible at the moment. This was lunch for my birthday where my mother treated me to smørrebrød at Aamanns. Previously I have only tried the food next door in the takeaway venue which I am a huge fan of. At this time of year the smørrebrød restaurants are highly sought after and for this lunch the restaurant was also packed. My mom and I both had 3 different smørrebrød. There was chicken salad with curry, apples, baked root vegetables and crisp Skagen ham. Then there was head cheese of pork with pickled savoy cabbage and lingonberries, and finally roast beef with pickles of root vegetables, grated horseradish and fried onions. All completely delicious but at 165 for three pieces not exactly a cheap lunch. I however still highly recommend Aamanns - next time I will try the beef tartar which looks no less than like a piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment