Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Radio

Shells of boiled onion with fresh cheese and crisp ham

Norwegian lobster, apple, celery root, Norwegian lobster foam
Plaice, Jerusalem artichokes, almonds, cress
Mushroom broth, beets, dried mushrooms
Piglet, kales, pepper bacon
Grains, beet syrup, malt
Julius Thomsens Gade 12
1632 Copenhagen V
Tue-Sat 17:30-24

Notes:
For my birthday dinner I went out to dinner with my parents. I had wanted to try Claus Meyer's new restaurant Radio for quite a while so the choice of restaurant was easy. We went with their 5 course menu, all dishes equal in size. I think the pictures speak quite well for themselves, but I was completely blown away by the two first courses. Such as seen many places at the Copenhagen food scene currently (Relæ/ Manfreds & Vin, Geist, formel b), Radios dishes all play on few but good ingredients in powerful constellations. It makes it easier to appreciate their high-quality and strong flavors in these innovative interplays really underscoring how less can definitely be more. 5 courses will set you back 400dkk. We did not go with wine pairings but had a glass of sancerre each, shared a bottle of spätburgunder and had a glass of the lovely Frederiksdal wine made from cherries with our dessert course. My recommendation? Go today rather than tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment