Saturday, February 02, 2013

Lê Lê Street Kitchen

Vermicelli salad with spring rolls filled with crab, shrimp, turkey and various veggies.

Warm beef salad with green beans, onion, sprouts, tomato, and herbs in a soy sauce and lemon grass dressing.


Lê Lê Street Kitchen
H.C. Andersens Boulevard 8
1553 Copenhagen V

Notes:
My current workplace is right in the center of Copenhagen and though lunch possibilities are plenty I hardly ever venture out for lunch as the canteen in my work place is both good and cheap. When my mother invited me out for a quick lunch yesterday I was however quick to accept the offer. Neither of us had tried Lê Lê Street Kitchen and as it is literally right around the corner from where I work it seemed like a good time to try it out. To be honest my previous encounters with Lê Lê have not been too impressive (e.g. their takeout is hardly a good value proposition) and was thus not sure quite to expect. The restaurant however turned out to be a great place for lunch. Service is no-frills but friendly and efficient, and the space really looks more like a canteen than a restaurant (hence the street kitchen name, I guess). I opted for a warm beef salad. The portion was very generous even though it did not look like much initially. I had however wished that they would had added more herbs as that is what I really love about the Vietnamese cuisine. My mom was quite pleased with the spring rolls, which were served with a nước mắm dipping sauce and a rice noodle salad, which honestly was not too exciting. All in all I however found Lê Lê Street Kitchen to be a fine and fair lunch option in an area where bad caesar salads cost +120dkk. We payed around 250 dkk for these two dishes, a lemonade and sparkling water (tap water is free, thumbs up for that). Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment